In accordance with the mission and goals of Queensborough Community College (QCC) and operating under the auspices of the Office of Academic Affairs, the Center for Tutoring and Academic Support is committed to supporting the holistic development of today's students through collaborative partnerships focusing on improving student readiness for academic excellence.
- Support students in identifying, practicing, and improving academic behaviors necessary for student success;
- Identify and use practical technological solutions to enhance student access to CTAS resources;
- Support development of students' proficiency in written and oral communication, and information literacy;
- Assist in efforts to improve college retention, persistence, and graduation rates through student engagement.
Goals for Staff
- Develop, maintain and expand collaborative initiatives with departments and programs across campus to support student success;
- Provide CTAS staff with professional development opportunities and supports needed to nurture and enhance a student-centered collaborative learning environment.